Monday, August 15, 2011

Gratitude Challenge Day 4

I am two days behind on my gratitude challenge. Been having too much fun with my husband this weekend.

So Day 3 "Write a short message of thanks for some of the negative things in your life."

Holy smokes- really?

Thank you cancer(with a little c) I kicked your ass.

Really the two years when I was fighting cancer or having surgery was tough. It was the most difficult time in my life. My cancer was caused by a Molar Pregnancy, Gary and I were trying to have a baby together. Opps- the mole turned to cancer -10% of the time it does. The treatments I started with worked 90% of the time..but not on me. I did get it in the end. After it returned and I did chemo again and decided to have my uterus and an ovary removed. That sucked and accepting that I could no longer have a child with my husband and give my son a blood related sibling was harder than I thought it would be.

Thank you for teaching me to "let go" of things I can not change. And to let go in general. I had some control over my treatment, I have control over my attitude, but I did not have control over that.
letting go Pictures, Images and Photos

Thank you for making me aware of my strength and my will power. The cancer treatment itself made me realize how strong I actually was and I that all my clean living paid off in the end. It encouraged me to be even more aware of what I put in my body.

I also appreciate the energy and strength I am finally getting back. Yay!

Thank you for showing me who I can rely on in my life. All my friends and family had two years to show me that. Those that ignored my condition for whatever reason, I knew that I no longer wished to waste my time on those "friendships". I don't say that with any bitterness or anomosity. It just is and that is okay. Energy and time are priceless to me and I want to spend it on people and things that I matter to and that matter to me.

Thank you for all of the ways I have grown and changed because of the experience.

There are other negative things I could write and write a thanks to, but this is the biggie, so we will leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much Yvie! You are and have been an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete