Saturday, August 28, 2010

Gift of Life

Today is my birthday. I am 32. Still in the hospital getting my "nectar of the gods" I believe this is the most I have ever have had spent on me ever in one day. Chemotherapy is expensive. A good birthday present though. The gift of life. I will take it and not complain.

I am happy to report that Dr G came to see me yesterday at the hospital and said that I am responding to the treatment. Better/ faster than she expected. We are still planning all 4 rounds, but will do a CT after round 3, and may not do round 4. I am not getting my hopes up. I am just happy I am responding. There was always that chance that I would not respond. SO YAY.

Called my dad early this morning and told him the good news and he said he would tell mom, as she was still asleep. She called me later and said she was so happy that she had started crying. She didn't realize she was so worried about it. It is funny how we can be strong when we have to and suck it up and when the immediate threat is lifted is the time we break down. I must say I almost started crying too, but I hate to cry at the hospital. I will wait until I am at home being held by Gary to break down.

So glad to be living in a day and age where they can fix so many illnesses. 100 years ago, I would have been a goner. But today, I am a fixer-upper. yay for medicine and technology.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you can keep up the positive attitude Yvie. So glad to hear that. Also delighted to hear that things are going so progressively for you!

    ReplyDelete