Saturday, March 31, 2012

make the world better by food food glorious food

It is Costco shopping time of the month.

I like to know what I need and it helps me to not over buy when I clean out my fridge, freezer and take stock of what is in my pantry before hand. I usually try to take a quick glance at my food stores every week before I go grocery shopping, but as I discovered I have not been faithful about this. I am disappointed in myself. I loathe throwing food out. I understand not only the monetary value of the food, but also the resources that have gone into getting it to my house. As I cleaned out the expired salad dressings and slimey peppers from the back of the fridge and was scrubbing the drawers and shelves I told myself that I will not let this happen again. It had been a long time since I had to throw food out and I got lazy with checking.

My fridge is now clean and organized, as well as my freezer. I have the frozen food stacked by expiration date as I will use the ones that will expire sooner first. (thankfuly nothing in my freezer needed to be chucked)My shopping trip to Costco was successful. They had my favorite bars there again (Mrs. Maya's Trio Bars)

Goal: Make the world a better place by not overbuying and underusing the food that I have purchased. How? By being attentive and organized and appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment